This week I purchased my first bike! Well, my first motorcycle. It is a Honda VF750C Magna V45. Let me tell ya, this bike was not sold in the states and so finding the right service manual has been a real pain in the ass. I have found resources online like this, but the actual service manual is not available. I can purchase the Haynes manual off Amazon though for about $40.
The closest service manual I could find was from the year prior, when the bike was sold in USA still: http://www.cantonmg.com/stewsplace/ShopManualVF750C.html
She runs, but I have some work ahead of me!
- The low fuel indicator does not work (part 1 | part 2 | part 3)
- The rad fan has been bypassed with a toggle switch (part 1 | part 2)
- The bike was likely dropped at one point, as the turn signal stems on the left side are both snapped and tapped on (with lots of tape!)
- The front fork brace has a crack in it, but still seems solid
- There is a wee bit of rust showing on the exhaust pipe
- The handle grips have been replaced with aftermarket grips (not a problem, but I am not sure if I like them yet)
I will put up posts as I look into each of the issues above!