In a previous post, I discovered that my bike has a toggle switch in place of the thermo switch to control the rad fan. I ordered a part to replace the busted thermo switch, and now I am going to install it.
First, I drained the coolant. There are a few points to drain it from on my bike.
Then, I took off the old thermal switch using a crescent wrench. Boiling it in water allowed me to test if the switch opens when the heat threshold was reached.
Alas, it did not. This switch is busted. I boiled and tested the new switch for good measure.
Here it is installed in the bike:
And here it is, with bullet connectors installed!